I like Thursday’s, I think it originally came from the rosary, I love praying the luminous mysteries. You see for the longest time I have been praying for someone else’s conversion and I guess these mysteries always seems stronger, like a stronger prayer. I always make time today, for these prayers. It’s my most peaceful day of the week, I don’t know if that is becuase of the prayers or not but that’s the way it is.
- The Annunciation. Fruit of the Mystery: Humility
- The Visitation. Fruit of the Mystery: Love of Neighbor
- The Nativity. Fruit of the Mystery: Poverty (poor in spirit), Detachment from the things of the world, Contempt of Riches, Love of the Poor
- The Presentation of Jesus at the Temple. Fruit of the Mystery: Purity, Obedience
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple. Fruit of the Mystery: True Wisdom and True Conversion, Piety, Joy of Finding Jesus
- The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan. Fruit of the Mystery: Openness to the Holy Spirit-the Healer. (for conversion of heart)
- The Wedding at Cana. Fruit of the Mystery: To Jesus through Mary. The understanding of the ability to manifest-through faith.
- Jesus’ Proclamation of the Kingdom of God. Fruit of the Mystery: Trust in God
- The Transfiguration. Fruit of the Mystery: Desire for Holiness
- The Institution of the Eucharist. Fruit of the Mystery: Adoration
- The Agony in the Garden. Fruit of the Mystery: Sorrow for Sin, Uniformity with the will of God
- The Scourging at the Pillar. Fruit of the Mystery: Mortification, Purity
- The Crowning with Thorns. Fruit of the Mystery: Contempt of the world, Courage
- The Carrying of the Cross. Fruit of the Mystery: Patience
- The Crucifixion. Fruit of the Mystery: Salvation, Forgiveness
- The Resurrection. Fruit of the Mystery: Faith
- The Ascension. Fruit of the Mystery: Hope and desire for ascension to Heaven
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit. Fruit of the Mystery: Holy Wisdom to know the truth and share with everyone, Divine Charity, Worship of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption of Mary. Fruit of the Mystery: Grace of a Happy Death and True Devotion towards Mary
- The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Fruit of the Mystery: Perseverance and Crown of Glory, Trust in Mary’s Intercession
So this is what’s it all about.
Today, the IL’s are out. They have my car, I asked them to put gas in it. I felt weird to ask like I always do but I am broke presently so why should they drive it with out putting gas. They use it all the time and unfortunately like every other darn thing, they are destroying it.
I have never encountered two more uninterested people, they don’t care to care for anything. It’s hurts to watch, becuase I know the effort that I have put into securing the things around me.
Sometimes I wonder if that, the abuse of our things is a lesson to me? Is it a lesson in humility and poverty, to lesson my attachment to the material things around me? It’s just stuff I tell myself, if they break it, my health is in tact, I will live.
I guess since they will be leaving in 10 days, I can hang on that long. However I am seriously considering changing the locks on the doors after they go.
I am still puzzled about the situation with Dh, it’s so complicated. I wish I knew what was going to happen.
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. I had a great day. It’s the very beginning of Lent. I am hopeful in the Lord, I am reconciling my self with his will. Yesterday He tested me, and becuase of my little faith, and His mercy upon me; His grace abounded.
I am so thankful. I was like all the other Catholic faithful, fasting, and before I started my day, becuase well I was going to be spending alot of time with the one person on the plant that I struggle for Purity with, I prayed the rosary before the Blessed Sacrament. I begged to remain pure. I can’t tell you a better way to arm yourself spiritually that with a rosary there and to add spiritual fasting to the regiment. Jesus says, prayer and fasting are our greatest weapons!
We had Mass that afternoon, and you know what came to me. I think my Father wants us, each of us to call each other to Holiness. I felt like a child, listening, thinking about my friends in Christ. He sent his Holy Spirit to me, I am sure of it. AND in an overwhelming way, He says, Do you love me? I replied Yes Lord, Filios. AND I meant it.
It was weird, strange, and peaceful. I got caught off guard by some of what AW said to me. I never can tell what she is thinking, or what is sinceriously true. But I believed her yesterday.. Not that makes a difference, but in a way it does. That was the other thing that kept coming into my mind, and its strange becuase I did not know this, but this is the Gospel reading for today.